Friday, August 20, 2010

Goji.

O M G oji
We rolled in three. As the newest edition to the group I was in the back seat, clearly. It was a humid summer evening. I had my legs out in some janky cut-off shorts and this beautiful fashion scarf that made all the guys holla. Gross. Michelle and Cassi laughed in the front, the closeness they have for one another is truly a delight to see. I was set in the back with a box of granola bars, an infant seat and numerous fun size candy bars. Little did I know that morning that an impromptu hunt for the infamous and quite rare Goji berry slurpee would fill our Saturday night. For that evening (and perhaps all evenings), for Ms. Cassi's mouth, a traditional Wild Cherry slurpee would not do. Our epic expedition began at 9:30pm. We hit every 7-11 between SeaTac and Ballard -- perhaps 20, perhaps 17 - I lost track on Rainier Ave.. In this order these things happened: Cas parked the car, we jumped out like gang-busters, a race to the slurpee machine, disappointed faces, the "fried chicken for a quarter a piece?" debate, answer: no, water instead, king size snicker bar also, a chat with the locals, laughter and uneasiness to follow and back in the car. On to the next one. Repeat. It is true my shoes were off for most of the the trip. It is also true we almost got into a wreck and I freaked out (of course) and screamed like terrified toddler. Within the three hours our journey I slipped into a sugar coma, slept it off, ate more candy and gave a speech telling my new friends how much I appreciate having them in my life. I'm pretty sure I told them I loved them? I mean, what's the harm in that? Life is too short for people to not know or have to guess how you feel about them. Simple as that. We didn't find Goji that night but I can honestly say it was an epic try. Hella laughter. Alas! These women! Did! Not! Give Up! In Kent the next morning the illusive Goji berry was found, bought, admired and devoured. An amazing night full of memories I won't soon forget.

5 comments:

  1. What the hell is a Goji? I'm not impressed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is there not a post about the inflatable shark/crocodile adventures???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, it's in the works. Trust.
    Launa, don't diss it till you've tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just sayin'! If they're so good and so yummy and so rare, I should be seeing you ladies with your legs out baking pies out of them, should't I?! Not looking for slurpies LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Launa, the goji berry itself is really not very tasty in my opinion.. but on one particular hot summer day, this goji slurpee quenched my thirst like no other, and I needed it again.

    1 also noteworthy fact:
    It was actually friday.

    Quote of the evening:
    "girl, don't worry, I aint lookin at chu cuz you aint got no shoes on, i'm lookin at chu cuz you pretty." -To Lauren from the (homeless?) man with no teeth and hardly a full shirt on.

    ReplyDelete