Thursday, February 10, 2011

Yo, read this.

I read a review for this book on worldsstrongestlibrarian.com (<-- check it) and decided to give it shot. Books about massive boats and mysterious beasts don't usually appeal to me .. but damn, I got it this morning and I'm already 100 pages in! It's full of history, mystery, a little romance, ghosts, yelling, etc. This book is a page-turner to the tee. I'll keep you up to date of my progression and thoughts. Also, Ms. Yitka gave me a couple books from her collection for me to explore. I.am.stoked. I wonder if there's a website called: ImReadingThis.com -- where people post pics of books they're reading, a short synopsis, a like button (why not?) and whether or not they'd recommend it. Also, I want to start a sight called: IdEatThat.com .. pics of delicious food from people's kitchens, restaurants, dumpsters (recession), etc. That's totally already a site, huh? Yelp.com or something. Anyways, I digress. If you're looking for a good read, head to the library and pick up some Dan Simmons ..
Corpses on an arctic glacier. You ready? 

UPDATE (March 22, 2010): Oh no, I didn't finish this damn book. It was 400 pages too long and I got sick of men being eaten and thrown across the ice. I can, however, recommend "You Remind me of Me" by Dan Chaon and a graphic novel entitled, "Fun Home". You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment